November 29, 2015, 09:05:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Mscan Meteo Forum!
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Combitech Multiscan  (Read 1326 times)

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2015, 05:29:49 PM »

A long time ago, I bought a Combitech Multiscan equipment.
I used it for a couple of weeks but had to stop my hobby for professional reason.
Now that I am retired, I want to do "my comeback" on the air.
I still have the Combitech but I lose the manual.
Is it possible to have it again in a pdf format ?

As I see at the rear, there is a RS-232 connector.

Current laptops have no more RS-232. Would it be possible to use a RS232 to USB connector ?
To connect to the transceiver there is a 5 pin DIN connector but I lose the cable. I suppose that the cabling will be on the manual (if it still exists of course).

Thanks for answer,

Claude - ON5PS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 04:31:46 AM »

Hi Claude, it's been a long time since I heard the word Multiscan Smiley. There is no pdf, in fact I wonder if that format even existed in the time I designed that modem. I think the original documentation is made with WordPerfect.. I no longer have any of those files at hand, maybe somewhere on a floppy disk in a dusty archive! I thought I still had it on paper somewhere but cannot find it either. Keep in mind the design is probably 20+ year old and was later replaced with the (better) DSP. Ironically enough I still have spare parts and even pcbs.

However, leave it up to certain individuals to show no respect for my copyright and publish my work on the internet et voila: here is the schematic and DIN pin configuration:

Pages: [1]
Jump to: